Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Myanmar: A Political Economy Analysis
- UN human rights expert laments “tragic sense of déjà vu” in Myanmar, says refugee returns premature
- Briefing: Myanmar forces starve, abduct and rob Rohingya, as ethnic cleansing continues
- Restoration of rights key to Myanmar refugee return, UNHCR’s Grandi says
- Myanmar: OCHA Humanitarian Update on the Situation in Kachin State, 2 February 2018
New Delhi, 30 November 2011: Thirty years after the first reported case of human infection with the HIV virus, the profile of HIV/AIDS is undergoing a transformation from a life-threatening emergency to a manageable chronic disease. New strategies and initiatives have ensured that fewer people are getting infected with the virus, and more infected people are getting treatment and living longer. On World AIDS Day 2011, WHO urges countries in South-East Asia to focus on eliminating the disease, particularly in children, by 2015.
The aim of this joint statement is to:
draw attention to the vital role that the community-based health workforce plays in all phases of emergency risk management (prevention, preparedness, response and recovery);
promote the scale-up of the community-based health workforce by recognizing all those who make up this workforce, training and equipping them for action at the local level, and including them in planning for all types of emergencies;
- 469 Antigenic and genetic characteristics of zoonotic influenza viruses and development of candidate vaccine viruses for pandemic preparedness
- 480 Standardization of terminology of the pandemic A(H1N1) 2009 virus
- 469 Caractéristiques antigéniques et génétiques des virus grippaux zoonosiques et mise au point de virus vaccins candidats en vue de la préparation à une pandémie
- 480 Normalisation de la terminolo-gie pour le virus de la grippe pandémique A (H1N1) 2009
h An earthquake of magnitude 6.8 on the Richter scale and 10 km depth struck the eastern Shan State in Myanmar at 20:29:30 hrs Myanmar Standard Time (01:55:12 PM UTC) on 24 March 2011.
h Six aftershocks have been reported from affected areas. The risk of landslides remains high.
h The official figure of casualties currently stands at 74 deaths and 125 injuries.
h One 16 bedded sub-township hospital in Tarlay was severely damaged. Tarlay Bridge connecting Tachileik was also damaged and temporary repaired.
h The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is mobilized.