Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
Chu Van Anh
Phone: (844) 3937 8745
Yangon, Myanmar, January 23, 2013 – IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, today announced its first investment in Myanmar to set up a new microfinance institution that aims to provide loans to more than 200,000 people – mostly micro and small businesses run by women – by 2020.
WASHINGTON, November 1, 2012 – A new Interim Strategy for Myanmar was endorsed today by the World Bank Group’s Board of Directors reaffirming support for reforms to improve the lives of the people of Myanmar. The Strategy will guide the World Bank Group’s work in the country for the next 18 months, focusing on accelerating poverty reduction by helping reform institutions to deliver better services to people during this critical transition period.