Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Suffering in Shadows: Aid Restrictions and Reductions Endanger Displaced Persons in Northern Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
"Our houses are still full of mud and... we have lost many of our furnishings... and household goods," says Alta Gracia Mendez Nicolas, mother of seven children, of Tropical Storm Noel that hit the Dominican Republic some two weeks ago.
Rome, 27 September 2004 - As natural disasters continue to plague the Caribbean and South Asia, FAO is working to provide emergency assistance to hurricane and flood victims in the worst-affected countries.
Latin America and the Caribbean
The Organization just approved a regional project for US$400 000 to assist countries in the Caribbean and some parts of Latin America affected by the devastating, ongoing hurricane season.