Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Myanmar: Discriminatory policies mean no return for refugees anytime soon, says expert
- End of mission statement by Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Myanmar, 8 July 2018
- Myanmar: Peace Monitoring Dashboard: May 2018
- Promoting meaningful participation of women in the peace process
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (10 - 16 July 2018)
NAY PYI TAW, 25 Oct - A ceremony to hand over the donation of the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as humanitarian assistance to the victims of the recent floods that struck Sindh Province and the areas near Karachi City, was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs here today.
As the number of people significantly affected by the catastrophic floods in Pakistan climbed to an estimated 17.2 million, the United Nations was scaling up relief operations, John Holmes, outgoing Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, said today during a Headquarters news conference.
"This is a disaster of unprecedented scale in terms of the number of people affected and the geographical area affected," he said, calling the situation "extremely challenging".
He said the deadly floods, triggered by torrential monsoon …