Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- New partnership to reach half a million people in Rakhine with humanitarian and development aid
- Myanmar: Senior UN human rights official decries continued ethnic cleansing in Rakhine State
- UNHCR appeals for protection of Rohingya currently trapped on Myanmar-Bangladesh border
- Myanmar: Remaking Rakhine State
- Millions in Myanmar to Benefit from Disaster Preparedness
NAY PYI TAW, 25 Oct - A ceremony to hand over the donation of the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as humanitarian assistance to the victims of the recent floods that struck Sindh Province and the areas near Karachi City, was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs here today.
As the number of people significantly affected by the catastrophic floods in Pakistan climbed to an estimated 17.2 million, the United Nations was scaling up relief operations, John Holmes, outgoing Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, said today during a Headquarters news conference.
"This is a disaster of unprecedented scale in terms of the number of people affected and the geographical area affected," he said, calling the situation "extremely challenging".
He said the deadly floods, triggered by torrential monsoon …