Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Myanmar: Discriminatory policies mean no return for refugees anytime soon, says expert
- End of mission statement by Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Myanmar, 8 July 2018
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (10 - 16 July 2018)
- Myanmar: Humanitarian access in Kachin and northern Shan (July 2018)
- Human Rights Council holds interactive dialogue with the High Commissioner for Human Rights on the situation in Myanmar
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
8th & 9th Meetings (AM & PM)
Secretary-General's Special Adviser on Gender Hopes for 'Swift Decision'; Committee Hears from 35 Speakers, as Debate on Advancement of Women Begins
Being in the frontline of the war against Islamic extremists has put people under severe risk in Pakistan which leads a global ranking of countries where the threat to civilian life has risen the most in 2009, Minority Rights Group International says as it launches its annual global 'Peoples Under Threat' ranking.
Pakistan is the most significant riser in the ranking compared to the last year and is now placed sixth.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE HIGH COMMISSIONER'S PROGRAMME
La grippe A(H1N1), les changements climatiques, le processus de paix au Moyen-Orient, le Sri Lanka, le Pakistan et la République populaire démocratique de Corée (RPDC) ont été au centre de la conférence de presse mensuelle que le Secrétaire général de l'ONU a donnée aujourd'hui au Siège de l'ONU à New York.
Parvenu à mi-mandat, Ban Ki-moon a émis l'espoir qu'il serait jugé « sur ses actes et non sur la rhétorique » et souligné qu'un soutien politique et financier constant de la part des États Membres lui était nécessaire pour réaliser les objectifs …
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to our monthly press conference.
As you know, the World Health Organization has now indicated that the world is experiencing an influenza pandemic caused by the new H1N1 virus.
It has, therefore, elevated its alert to Phase 6.
Let me stress: this is a formal statement about the geographic spread of disease.
It is not in itself a cause for alarm. Though infectious, this new virus has so far not been as severe as had been feared and death rates have been low.
But ... we must be watchful.
Rome, 7 May 2009 - Following the disastrous 2005 earthquake in Pakistan, several humanitarian organizations came forward to help households who had lost their livestock to rebuild herds and flocks by providing replacement animals.
But most of the animal shelters in the affected areas had been destroyed, and there was also a major shortage of winter feed.