Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2018
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
Most read reports
- CCCM Site Monitoring: Township: Pauktaw (Rakhine, Myanmar), July-2018
- Myanmar’s Armed Forces and the Rohingya Crisis
- CCCM Site Monitoring: Township: Myebon (Rakhine, Myanmar), July-2018
- UNHCR and UNDP urge tangible progress to improve conditions in Myanmar’s Rakhine State
- State Counsellor receives Chairperson and members of the Independent Commission of Enquiry
What is FFA?
The most food-insecure people often live in fragile and degraded landscapes and areas prone to recurrent natural shocks and other risks.
Food Assistance for Assets (FFA) is one of WFP’s flagship initiatives aimed at addressing the most food-insecure people’s immediate food needs with cash, voucher or food transfers while also helping improve their long-term food security and resilience.
· In 2014, the monsoon rains were late across most of East Asia, leading to delays in the start of the growing season. Improved rainfall from August onwards, allowed for a good recovery across most of the region.
· Though most countries avoided significant impacts on national aggregate crop production, DPRK suffered from a very poor rainfall season with significant reductions in agricultural production.
· Elsewhere, localised impacts are noted in Pakistan, India, Vietnam, China, Myanmar.
Sixty-third General Assembly
OCHA Field offices