Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
Lynn B. Pascoe, Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs, outlined, at a Headquarters press conference this afternoon, a wide range of political issues confronting his Department on the eve of the opening of the sixty-fourth session of the General Assembly tomorrow.
"The broad front" of issues that would be at the centre of attention during the next few weeks in New York included the situation in Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Myanmar, the Middle East, Lebanon, Cyprus, Somalia and Madagascar.
The Security Council would meet this afternoon to adopt a resolution on children and armed conflict and it would renew by month's end the mandate of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) set to expire on 31 August, John Sawers, Council President for August and the Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom to the United Nations, said today during a Headquarters news conference.
Briefing journalists on the 15-member Council's agenda for August, the President said that by operative paragraph 3 of this afternoon's resolution, the Council would expand the …
ACTED in Afghanistan
Following hygiene workshops conducted in Pashtun Kot, Almar and Qaisar districts, 395 women and children from 12 villages, where ACTED implements Food Aid projects supported by the European Commission's Humanitarian Aid Department, were trained in basic hygiene practices.
Aperçu des travaux du Conseil de sécurité en 2006
Tandis que sa représentativité est plus que jamais questionnée par l’Assemblée générale, pour qu’il reflète enfin les évolutions géopolitiques survenues depuis la fin de la guerre froide, le Conseil de sécurité aura, en 2006, été mobilisé par une série de crises d’une extrême gravité qui ont mis à l’épreuve sa capacité à maintenir la paix et la sécurité internationales.
Major Concerns Addressed Include War in Lebanon, Arab-Israeli Conflict, Sudan, Nuclear Non-Proliferation, Iraq, Afghanistan, Terrorism
In the face of complex and interrelated threats that spanned the globe and crisscrossed national and regional borders, the United Nations Security Council confronted an ambitious agenda in 2006 by brokering cessations of hostilities, easing difficult transitions and blunting relapses into conflict.