Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
Luang Prabang (ICRC) – Twenty-four experts from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Viet Nam gathered in Luang Prabang today to discuss national policies and best practices that could benefit people injured in accidents involving unexploded ordnance and improve their lives, as well as prevent new victims in the future. The one-day workshop was organized by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare in cooperation with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
NAY PYI TAW, 16 Nov-A ceremony to hand over the donation of the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar to the Government of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, as humanitarian assistance for the victims of the recent floods in Lao PDR, was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, here, at 2.30 pm today.
After conveying words of sympathies, on behalf of the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs U Maung Myint handed over US$ 50,000 to Ambassador of Lao PDR Mr Nilahath Sayarath who spoke words of thanks.-MNA
Flooding caused from Typhoon Kammuri is affecting a large area of southeast Asia. Vietnam was hit first by rain from the storm earlier this month, leaving more than 100 dead or missing; subsequent flooding -- described in some reports as the worst flooding in 100 years -- has affected Laos, Myanmar (Burma) and Thailand, and flooding is expected shortly in Cambodia.
The Parties to this Agreement,
REAFFIRMING their commitment to the aims and purposes of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as set forth in the Bangkok Declaration of 8 August 1967, in particular, to promote regional co-operation in Southeast Asia in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region;