Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- "Toxic fear" The situation of children in Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (27 December 2017- 2 January 2018)
- Disaster preparedness for states and regions
- Public Health Statistics (2014‐2016)
- Will Rohingya Refugees Start Returning to Myanmar in 2018?
Burma (Myanmar): focus on humanitarian aid
Forcible displacement is a deliberate policy of Burma's military government. It has three main aims: to break up potential areas of opposition to the regime; to destroy the links between the insurgent movements of ethnic minori=ADties and their local sympathizers; and to make way for large-scale development projects. Over the past decade, up to 1 million people or more have been forcibly uprooted.
The relocations themselves have been carried out brutally, accompanied by rape, pillage, the burning of fields and confiscations of land.
Geneva, 27 July 1999
23 April 1999
Also Approves Chairman's Statements on East Timor and Cyprus; Resolutions on Debt Relief, "Unilateral Coercive Measures", Human Rights Cooperation The Commission on Human Rights wrapped up a daylong session of debate on resolutions the way it started -- with a lengthy deliberation about the situation in Kosovo.
Commission on Human Rights Also Hears Addresses from Dignitaries from Luxembourg, the Russian Federation and Burundi
The Commission on Human Rights this morning heard the Special Rapporteurs on the situation of human rights in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Burundi and Myanmar, and the Special Representative on Rwanda introduce their reports on the latest developments in those countries.