Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Myanmar: A Political Economy Analysis
- Briefing: Myanmar forces starve, abduct and rob Rohingya, as ethnic cleansing continues
- UN human rights expert laments “tragic sense of déjà vu” in Myanmar, says refugee returns premature
- Myanmar: OCHA Humanitarian Update on the Situation in Kachin State, 2 February 2018
- Restoration of rights key to Myanmar refugee return, UNHCR’s Grandi says
2015 and 2016 have been landmark years in the development or renewal of global commitments relative to humanitarian aid, development and disaster risk reduction. After extensive consultation and negotiation processes, international consensus was reached in the form of frameworks for sustainable development (SDGs), disaster risk reduction (Sendai Framework), climate change mitigation (Paris Agreement) etc.
Press release 56/2017 27 March 2017
By decision of Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Kai Mykkänen, Finland’s humanitarian aid will amount to EUR 61.4 million, of which approximately EUR 20 million will be channelled to the famine-hit countries in the Horn of Africa and to Nigeria and Yemen.
Press Release 83/2015 16 March 2015
By decision taken by Minister for International Development Heidi Hautala on 15 March, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted its humanitarian assistance funds for the first part of the year, totalling EUR 39.8 million, to people suffering from the world’s crises. This time, Finland targets humanitarian assistance to Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Earlier this year, EUR 3.5 million was already granted for the acute needs of the Syrian crisis.