Appeals & Response Plans
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN agencies and Myanmar ink agreement, setting stage for Rohingya return
- UNHCR and UNDP agree on text of MoU with Myanmar to support the creation of conditions for the return of Rohingya refugees
- Myanmar: IDP Sites in Kachin and northern Shan States (30 Apr 2018)
- Myanmar: Civilians displaced by fighting in Kachin/Shan 2017-18 (as of 31 May 2018)
- Disaster and emergency management plan prepared for 1,000 households in Mandalay
Education is lifesaving. Education is crucial for both the protection and healthy development of girls and boys affected by crises. It can rebuild their lives; restore their sense of normality and safety, and provide them with important life skills. It helps children to be self-sufficient, to be heard, and to have more influence on issues that affect them. It is also one of the best tools to invest in their long-term future, and in the peace, stability and economic growth of their countries.
La Commission européenne a annoncé aujourd’hui un train de mesures d’aide humanitaire d’un montant de 52 millions d’euros, visant spécifiquement la réalisation, en 2016, de projets éducatifs en faveur d’enfants en situation d’urgence.
European Commission - Press release
Brussels, 5 April 2016
EU quadruples its humanitarian financing to education in emergencies worldwide.
Millions of people from the most vulnerable and poorest communities in Central America, Central Asia and the Caucasus region, South-East Asia and Southern Africa will benefit from the European Commission's Disaster-Preparedness Programme (DIPECHO). This year € 35 million has been allocated to help those at risk from natural disasters.