- JIPS Sittwe Camp Profiling Report
- Statement of INGO’s in Myanmar, 31 August 2017 [EN/MY]
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State: Final Report, August 2017
- RW Topics: Refugees/Migrants - South-East Asia
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Myanmar
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Myanmar
- UNHCR Operational Portal: Thailand-Myanmar Cross Border Portal
- UNFPA: Myanmar 2014 Population and Housing Census
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Advisory Commission on Rakhine State
- Department of Meteorology and Hydrology
- Food Security Cluster: Myanmar
- Human Rights Watch: Myanmar - Events of 2016
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Myanmar: Floods - Jun 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2015
- Myanmar: Floods - Jul 2014
- Myanmar: Floods - Aug 2013
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Qatar Charity is preparing a number of urgent aid projects for refugees in Myanmar, focused on establishing shelters and distributing food baskets.
The organisation said yesterday in a statement released to the press that its latest campaign aims to help those displaced in Myanmar and living in difficult conditions after the villages and houses were burnt, forcing them to leave.
The statement said that those affected were in desperate need for food and shelter, in addition to clothing and healthcare, particularly in light of the developments over the past few days.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
Burkina Faso 15 May 2017: In Djahoye town, unidentified perpetrators launched an attack, killing the president of the Village Development Council, and seizing money, food and a motorcycle before fleeing. Source: China
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 16-22 October 2016 and includes updates on Zika virus, Salmonella and extremely drug-resistant TB.
The map shows that the countries which send and receive migrants in Asia and the Middle East all pose extreme or high risks to business of association with trafficking, according to Verisk Maplecroft’s 2015 Trafficking in Persons Index. The impact of unethical brokers is critical across the recruitment corridors in the Middle East and Asia. Labour brokers play an essential and unavoidable role in providing workers to suppliers. But, during the recruitment journey, workers – and especially foreign migrants – may become exploited, for example, by paying large fees to one or multiple brokers.
Welcome to this third annual conference to promote humanitarian partnerships and information sharing. It is a great pleasure to be here again.
Thank you to the Government of Kuwait and the IICO for hosting this meeting. And thank you to the Advisory Board of the Effective Partnership and Information Sharing Initiative, who have done such a good job of organizing the conference.