Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance: Insecurity in Mali's Menaka region affects humanitarian assistance. 22 Aug 2019
Most read reports
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 43 (Reporting period: 1 to 31 August 2019). 19 Sep 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- Govt. Burkina Faso: Conclusions de Bamako - Dialogue Régional de Protection et de Solutions dans le Cadre des Déplacements Forcés au Sahel -12 Septembre 2019. 19 Sep 2019
- UN: Deputy Secretary-General's remarks on the situation in the Sahel at Informal Joint Meeting of the FAO Council, IFAD Executive Board and WFP Executive Board [as prepared for delivery]. 14 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Humanitarian Action for Children 2019 - Mali (Revised August 2019). 16 Sep 2019
This briefing has been been put together by a significant number of international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) under the leadership of Bond’s Humanitarian and Conflict Policy groups. These NGOs are either actively operational in these contexts or working to raise awareness in the UK of the challenges faced by people experiencing humanitarian disasters, conflict and upheaval.
The briefing is designed to give incoming members of parliament a rapid overview of some of the world’s most fragile situations and highlight actions which key influencers can take to ensure the UK government most effectively delivers on its moral and political responsibilities. Beginning with summaries of key issues we face as agencies working in humanitarian crisis and conflict settings, the briefing then focuses on short summaries of 10 fragile situations and emergencies. The information is accurate to the middle of April 2015.