Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mali : Plan de réponse humanitaire (janvier - décembre 2018)
- Mali: People with disabilities brave the odds
- Climate-smart agriculture improves livelihoods of rural women in Mali
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Mali
- Mali: Overview of humanitarian access constraints (summary of constraints from January to December 2017)
As the world prepares to discuss climate change in South Africa next week, activists and researchers are pointing to a region that has been among the most affected in recent years - the Niger River basin in West Africa. In addition to identifying the region's problems, there has been an effort to find solutions to help vulnerable populations there.
A video on the website of the Netherlands-based group Wetlands International shows scenes of parched land, dried up river beds and deforestation in the Niger River basin.