Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Mali Key Message Update, August 2018
- Mali : Key Message Update - Les appuis humanitaires en cours atténuent les difficultés alimentaires de la soudure en cours, août 2018
- Mali : Bulletin humanitaire, mai-juin 2018
- Make Sunday ‘an important celebration of democracy’ UN chief urges voters in Mali
- Mali Presidential Election Marred by Violence
By Katarina Hoije
BAMAKO — Recent clashes in northern and central Mali are hampering the deployment of humanitarian assistance, leaving vulnerable populations with limited or no access to health care, food, water and shelter.
While non-governmental organizations, or NGOs, can access most areas, banditry and continued attacks on roads slow down operations while posing a threat to humanitarian staff, says Badjougue Dambele, humanitarian coordinator for Oxfam.
May 05, 2016 11:57 AM
Another door may be closing for Syrians fleeing the conflict in their country, this time in Africa.Mauritania was one of the last countries allowing free entry to Syrians. But in February, it too began demanding visas as officials in North Africa and the Sahel try to stem the flow of migrants and refugees traveling across the Sahara in hopes of reaching Europe.