Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Mali-Niger: Climate change and conflict make an explosive mix in the Sahel
- Treatment and food kits for malnourished children in Douentza
- Mali: Rapport sur les mouvements de populations (17 Janvier 2019)
- Mali : dix Casques bleus tchadiens tués dans une attaque terroriste à Aguelhok
- Security Council Press Statement on Attack against Peacekeepers’ Camp in Mali
As the world prepares to discuss climate change in South Africa next week, activists and researchers are pointing to a region that has been among the most affected in recent years - the Niger River basin in West Africa. In addition to identifying the region's problems, there has been an effort to find solutions to help vulnerable populations there.
A video on the website of the Netherlands-based group Wetlands International shows scenes of parched land, dried up river beds and deforestation in the Niger River basin.