Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Mali : soutien à la production agricole dans la région de Tombouctou
- Mali | Regional Crisis – DG ECHO Daily map | 14/12/2018
- 16 jours d’activisme contre les violences basées sur le genre : tout le Mali dit "NON"
- Mali: “Real climate of fear and insecurity in country’s north and centre,” says expert
- Mali: New law will reinforce the culture of impunity for human rights violations
Anne Look | Dakar
International aid workers say West and Central Africa are in the grips of a regional cholera epidemic that has been aggravated by heavy rains and flooding.
According to the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, nearly 40,000 cases of cholera have been reported in Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria this year. The U.N. says the disease has killed nearly 1,200 people in those countries surrounding the Lake Chad Basin.