Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mali : Plan de réponse humanitaire (janvier - décembre 2018)
- Mali: People with disabilities brave the odds
- Climate-smart agriculture improves livelihoods of rural women in Mali
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Mali
- Mali: Overview of humanitarian access constraints (summary of constraints from January to December 2017)
Anne Look | Dakar
International aid workers say West and Central Africa are in the grips of a regional cholera epidemic that has been aggravated by heavy rains and flooding.
According to the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, nearly 40,000 cases of cholera have been reported in Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria this year. The U.N. says the disease has killed nearly 1,200 people in those countries surrounding the Lake Chad Basin.