Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Mali-Niger: Climate change and conflict make an explosive mix in the Sahel
- The Sahel is engulfed by violence, climate change, food insecurity and extremists are largely to blame
- Mali: Flow Monitoring Points - Dashboard No. 35 (1 to 31 December 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (22 January 2019)
- Mali: Points de suivi des flux de population - Dashboard No. 35 (1 au 31 décembre 2018)
Giant clouds of desert locusts have invaded a huge chunk of North and sub-Saharan Africa, threatening to devastate some of the world's poorest countries. Experts estimate this year's locust infestation is the worst in nearly two decades. And, without assistance from the international community, some fear they may even cause a famine. Lisa Bryant tracked the locusts in Mauritania, one of the countries hardest hit by the plague.