Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance: Insecurity in Mali's Menaka region affects humanitarian assistance. 22 Aug 2019
Most read reports
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- UN: Deputy Secretary-General's remarks on the situation in the Sahel at Informal Joint Meeting of the FAO Council, IFAD Executive Board and WFP Executive Board [as prepared for delivery]. 14 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Humanitarian Action for Children 2019 - Mali (Revised August 2019). 16 Sep 2019
- OCHA: OCHA Mali Rapport de situation - Dernière mise à jour: 12 sept. 2019. 12 Sep 2019
- DFID: Emerging Issues Report K4D - Unmet needs and opportunities for climate change adaptation and mitigation in the G5 Sahel region. 15 Aug 2019
This year’s food shortage is worse than usual. Usually when the harvests fail we rely on selling fruit that we collect from wild trees. This money can help us to buy food. But the trees were bare this year, especially the shea tree. The shea butter that women make usually helps fight food shortage, but it won’t be much help this year.
Now women fetch firewood in the bush to be sold to middlemen from Bamako. You can see piles of wood in every corner of the village.