Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- IOM: Rapport trimestriel sur les flux migratoires au Mali - Analyses des enquêtes effectuées auprès de voyageurs entre juillet et septembre 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- CRM: Lancement du programme de préparation des communautés aux Épidémies et Pandémies - CP3. 18 Nov 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- MINUSMA: La MINUSMA forme les ONG partenaires sur les techniques de suivi-évaluation des projets CVR à Kidal. 18 Nov 2019
- IPI: Mali Attack Demonstrates Growing Strength of the Islamic State in Africa. 13 Nov 2019
The European Commission has adopted a €160 million food aid decision targeting an estimated 18.7 million people living in regions such as sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, the Caucasus, the Middle East and North Africa. This funding decision, the largest ever launched by the Commission's Humanitarian Aid department, aims to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people facing food shortages due to natural catastrophes, economic and political crises, and armed conflicts. It is the first food aid decision for 2008.
Rome, 9 October 2006 -- Forty countries are facing food emergencies and require external assistance, with the crisis in the Darfur region of Sudan still the most pressing humanitarian problem, according to an FAO report released today.
In Darfur, "the already precarious food supply situation may worsen if deteriorating security disrupts the main harvest due to start in the coming few weeks,"FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report warns.