Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- World Vision: Central and Northern Mali Emergency Response Situation Report | September, 2019. 13 Oct 2019
- MINUSMA: Manifestations à Sévaré : la MINUSMA appelle au calme et à la retenue. 14 Oct 2019
- FEWS NET: West Africa Price Bulletin, September 2019. 1 Oct 2019
- INFORM: INFORM Risk Index - Sahel 2019. 9 Oct 2019
YOKOHAMA -The United Nations World Food Programme has welcomed a generous aid package totalling US$51.24 million from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable groups in 19 countries in Africa and Asia.
Ninety percent of the total package, US$46.24 million, is allocated to 18 African countries:
Sudan (US$6.5 million), Democratic Republic of Congo (US$5 million), Uganda (US$3.5 million), Chad (US$3 million), Côte d'Ivoire (US$3 million), Burundi (US$3 million), Zambia (US$3 million), Somalia (US$3 million), Zimbabwe (US$3 …
GLENEAGLES - As the leaders of the most powerful nations in the world gather in Gleneagles for the G8 Summit, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is today urging them to remember a simple fact: hunger and malnutrition are still the world's biggest killers, taking the lives of more people every year than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined.
At a time when modest steps have been taken on the long and tortuous road towards poverty alleviation, it is a bitter disappointment that the underclass of hungry people around the world continues to grow.