Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNHCR: Rapport mensuel de monitoring de protection n°09 - Septembre 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- AFD: Sexual health in West Africa: AFD and KfW, a power couple. 19 Oct 2019
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 44 (Reporting period: 1 to 30 September 2019). 17 Oct 2019
- MINUSMA: A Tombouctou, la MINUSMA appuie les femmes dans le processus de réconciliation. 21 Oct 2019
The European Commission has adopted a €160 million food aid decision targeting an estimated 18.7 million people living in regions such as sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, the Caucasus, the Middle East and North Africa. This funding decision, the largest ever launched by the Commission's Humanitarian Aid department, aims to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people facing food shortages due to natural catastrophes, economic and political crises, and armed conflicts. It is the first food aid decision for 2008.
Rome, 9 October 2006 -- Forty countries are facing food emergencies and require external assistance, with the crisis in the Darfur region of Sudan still the most pressing humanitarian problem, according to an FAO report released today.
In Darfur, "the already precarious food supply situation may worsen if deteriorating security disrupts the main harvest due to start in the coming few weeks,"FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report warns.