Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- IPI: Mali Attack Demonstrates Growing Strength of the Islamic State in Africa. 13 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Mali : Qui Fait Quoi Où (3W) Présence opérationnelle des acteurs humanitaires - août 2019. 14 Nov 2019
- CRS: Projet Kisili Financé par USAID/OFDA & FFP - Rapport d'évaluation rapide des besoins des ménages déplacés internes dans la commune de Banikane, Cercle de Gourma-Rharous, Région de Tombouctou, du 28 août au 01 septembre 2019. 14 Nov 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- USAID: Mali Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #2, Fiscal Year (FY) 2019. 12 Nov 2019
Until 28 February 2017, there were 13,439 cumulative arrivals to Italy, compared to 9,101 arrivals recorded in the same month in 2016 (a 48% increase). Greece has seen a 98% lower number of arrivals in February 2017 when compared to the same period in 2016, 2,611 and 125,494 respectively.
According to available data, there have been 17,479 new arrivals to Greece, Italy and Bulgaria, as countries of first arrival to Europe since the beginning of 2017 till 28 of February 2017.
Until 31 January 2017, there were 4,480 cumulative arrivals to Italy, compared to 5,273 arrivals recorded in the same month in 2016 (a 15% decrease). Greece has seen a 97% lower number of arrivals in January 2017 when compared to the same period in 2016, 1,387 and 67,954 respectively.
According to available data, there have been 11,233 new arrivals to Greece, Italy and Bulgaria, as countries of first arrival to Europe since the beginning of 2017 till 8 of February 2017.
The total number of arrivals to Europe by the end of December 2016 has been recorded as 387,739. This is in stark contrast to the 1, 046,599 arrivals recorded in 2015. The decrease in numbers of arrivals can be observed across many of the countries which saw the highest numbers of arrivals in 2015. In Greece 2016 brought 176,906 arrivals compared to the 857,363 recorded in 2015, a 79% decrease, while Italy saw a slight (16%) rise in numbers of arri-vals, from 155,842 in 2015 to 181,436 in 2016.