Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNICEF: UNICEF Mali Humanitarian Situation Report, 30 September 2019. 12 Nov 2019
- Protection Cluster: Mali - Sous-cluster Protection de l'Enfant: Suivi des indicateurs HRP (Janvier-Octobre 2019). 12 Nov 2019
- UNCT Mali: Violations Graves des Droits de l'Enfant dans des Situations de Conflits Armés, Mali Janvier-Juin 2019. 12 Nov 2019
- USAID: Mali Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #2, Fiscal Year (FY) 2019. 12 Nov 2019
- WFP: WFP Mali Country Brief, August 2019. 11 Nov 2019
The fight for control of Libya between the Misrata-led Islamist-leaning coalition and the Zintan-led forces is escalating by the day. Hundreds have been killed and thousands displaced in over six weeks of clashes and heavy artillery fire. The Misrata side emerged victorious in the battle over Tripoli’s international airport, taking control of the capital, and made advances around Benghazi, but the larger political divide remains unresolved.
Syria: Only 41% of Syria’s public hospitals are fully operational. The latest in a number of local truces around Damascus has been agreed between state forces and opposition in Qadam. 191,369 people were reported killed March 2011–April 2014, mainly in Rural Damascus, Aleppo, Homs, Idleb, Dar’a and Hama, according to new UN figures.
Joint IDMC-UNHCR press release - A record 33.3 million now displaced by war worldwide, as one family flees inside Syria every 60 seconds - Report
33.3 million people were internally displaced at the end of 2013 due to conflict and violence says a new report by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC). This equates to a staggering increase of 4.5 million from 2012, signalling a record high for the second year running.