Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 45 (Reporting period: 1 to 31 October 2019). 20 Nov 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- IOM: Rapport trimestriel sur les flux migratoires au Mali - Analyses des enquêtes effectuées auprès de voyageurs entre juillet et septembre 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- AFD: Avec l'AFD, 14 millions de personnes ont bénéficié d’un meilleur accès aux soins en 2018. 20 Nov 2019
- IPI: Mali Attack Demonstrates Growing Strength of the Islamic State in Africa. 13 Nov 2019
Global Overview – Trends and Outlook
The month saw fighting escalate again in Syria and Afghanistan, and erupt in Nagorno-Karabakh between Armenian-backed separatists and Azerbaijani forces. In Bangladesh, election violence and killings by extremist groups showed how new heights of government-opposition rivalry and state repression have benefitted violent political party wings and extremist groups alike. Political tensions intensified in Iraq and Macedonia, and security forces severely supressed opposition protests in the Republic of Congo and Gambia.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 4.9 percent to a record 2 232 million tonnes, considerably up from earlier predictions after better than expected results from the major harvests gathered in the past two months.
- Based on the latest production forecast, a significant improvement in the global supply and demand balance for cereals in the 2008/09 season can be expected.