Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 45 (Reporting period: 1 to 31 October 2019). 20 Nov 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- IOM: Rapport trimestriel sur les flux migratoires au Mali - Analyses des enquêtes effectuées auprès de voyageurs entre juillet et septembre 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- AFD: Avec l'AFD, 14 millions de personnes ont bénéficié d’un meilleur accès aux soins en 2018. 20 Nov 2019
- IPI: Mali Attack Demonstrates Growing Strength of the Islamic State in Africa. 13 Nov 2019
In November 2015, more than 1,000 Cuban nationals were reported to be camped out at the Paso Canoas border crossing with Panama. In view of requirements for entering the country and the fact that these migrants did not meet them, a significant amount of people began to congregate in this border community, taking to living in the streets while they waited for a solution to their immigration status. The Costa Rican government issued permits allowing migrants to enter the country and continue on their way to the United States.
As the ICRC Water and Habitat Unit celebrates its 30th anniversary, we look back at some of the ICRCs most significant water, sanitation and shelter operations over the last three decades.
In 1859, four years before the ICRC was formed, our founder Henry Dunant made water one of his priorities as he struggled to help wounded soldiers after the Battle of Solferino. Thirty years ago, our awareness of the essential role of water, sanitation and habitat for the victims of conflict led us to create the Water and Habitat Unit, known as "WatHab."
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 3,011,000(1) to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2006 and 2007.