Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- HRW: Armed groups in Mali escalate attacks on civilians. 10 Feb 2020
- UNICEF: Nearly five million children will need humanitarian assistance in central Sahel this year. 28 Jan 2020
Most read reports
- HRW: "How Much More Blood Must be Spilled?" Atrocities Against Civilians in Central Mali. 10 Feb 2020
- UN News: Action contre les mines : face à la menace croissante, l’UNMAS appelle à soutenir les pays du Sahel. 14 Feb 2020
- IOM: Supporting migration policies in Mali: 10th UN Network on Migration launched in West and Central Africa. 14 Feb 2020
- OCHA: Mali : Personnes dans le besoin d’assistance humanitaire en 2020. 16 Feb 2020
- Solidarités International: RRM - Evaluation multisectorielle rapide des besoins des IDPs, Zone évaluée : Tondigamé et ATTA - Période d’évaluation : Du 21 au 22 Décembre 2019. 14 Feb 2020
In 2016, between January and December, 362,376 people crossed the Mediterranean Sea, risking their lives to reach Europe. These new arrivals are in addition to more than one million refugees and migrants who made the journey across the Mediterranean Sea on unseaworthy boats in 2015.
In 2016, the number of those arriving decreased substantially after March. Of those reaching European shores so far this year, 53% came from the ten countries currently producing the most refugees globally.