Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 45 (Reporting period: 1 to 31 October 2019). 20 Nov 2019
- AFD: Avec l'AFD, 14 millions de personnes ont bénéficié d’un meilleur accès aux soins en 2018. 20 Nov 2019
- IOM: Rapport trimestriel sur les flux migratoires au Mali - Analyses des enquêtes effectuées auprès de voyageurs entre juillet et septembre 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- ECHO: RRM - Evaluation multisectorielle rapide des besoins - Zone évaluée : Commune de Soboundou Commune : Soboundou, Cercle : Niafunké, Région : Tombouctou, Période d’évaluation : du 09 au 12 juillet 2019. 19 Nov 2019
The Desert Locust (SGR1 ) situation deteriorated along the Red Sea coast in the central outbreak region during November. Aerial and ground operations treated swarms and groups of adults and hoppers on close to 83,000 ha in Sudan during this month. A few adult locusts were detected on the Gulf of Aden & the Red Sea coastal plains in Yemen the last week of November. No locusts were reported in Ethiopia, Oman or Somalia and no reports were received from Eritrea or Saudi Arabia during this period (DLCO-EA, DLMCC/Yemen, LCC/Oman, PPD/Sudan).
ROME -- President Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria and the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), James Morris, today called for greater efforts to eradicate child hunger and malnutrition in Africa, ahead of next month's summit of the G8 leading industrialised countries in Scotland.
President Obasanjo, who was in Rome for discussions with Morris and to address WFP's governing Executive Board, said Nigeria was working with WFP and other agencies to give agriculture and food security pride of place.