Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN HRC: UN warns Mali security situation has reached critical threshold. 2 Dec 2019
Most read reports
- OCHA: Mali: Qui Fait Quoi Où (3W) Présence opérationnelle des acteurs humanitaires (novembre 2019). 9 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Mali: Suivi des financements humanitaires 2019 (Au 30 novembre 2019). 9 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Mali: Humanitarian funding in 2019 (As of 30 November 2019). 9 Dec 2019
- UN HRC: Mali security situation has reached critical threshold, warns UN human rights expert after visit. 2 Dec 2019
- World Vision: Central and Northern Mali Emergency Response Situation Report | November, 2019. 10 Dec 2019
Africa Weather Hazards
- Persistent, above average rainfall since July has led to excessively rainfall surpluses and floods that have damaged infrastructure, displaced populations, and caused fatalities in parts of Sudan, South Sudan, and Ethiopia.
- Below-average seasonal rainfall and persistent moisture deficits in the region have negatively impacted developing crops across parts of eastern Oromia and SNNPR in Ethiopia.
- There is a potential for increased number of locusts migrating from the Arabian Peninsula which may negatively impact cropping …
The African Public Health Emergency Fund (APHEF or the Fund) was established by the Regional Committee in 2012 with the aim of providing catalytic resources for initiating timely responses to public health emergencies. Ever since, commitments have been made at every subsequent Regional Committee session to improve the functionality of this solidarity fund.
Heavy rains expected to further increase risk of flooding in West and East Africa
Africa Weather Hazards
The persistence of above-average rainfall continues to increase both short-term and long-term rainfall surpluses and trigger flooding throughout many areas in Sudan, South Sudan and western Ethiopia. Above-average rainfall is forecast to continue over the region, further worsening the potential for flooding over many downstream areas of eastern Sudan during the next week.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
Les premières prévisions de la FAO concernant la production mondiale de blé de 2016 font entrevoir une petite diminution, de moindres volumes étant attendus en Europe et aux États-Unis d’Amérique.
Global crop prospects benign, but hunger intensifies in areas suffering from conflict
Food security worsens further in Southern Africa due to drought
9 March 2016, Rome - Thirty-four countries, including 27 in Africa, are currently in need of external assistance for food due to drought, flooding and civil conflicts, according to a new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report released today.