Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Shelter Cluster: Monitoring d’Abris Fourth Trimestre (22 Janvier 2020). 23 Jan 2020
- MINUSMA: Communiqué final de la 4ème session de Haut niveau du CSA. 22 Jan 2020
- Carter Center: Report of the Independent Observer - On the Implementation of the Agreement on Peace and Reconciliation in Mali, Emanating from the Algiers Process: Evaluation of Implementation in 2019. 21 Jan 2020
- ECHO: Mali - Armed violence, impact on civilians (DG ECHO, ACLED, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2020). 21 Jan 2020
- Afrique Verte: Point sur la situation alimentaire au Sahel (PSA) Bulletin mensuel d’information sur le prix des céréales : Niger - Mali - Burkina Faso - Suivi de campagne n° 225 – janvier 2020. 21 Jan 2020
In 2016, between January and December, 362,376 people crossed the Mediterranean Sea, risking their lives to reach Europe. These new arrivals are in addition to more than one million refugees and migrants who made the journey across the Mediterranean Sea on unseaworthy boats in 2015.
In 2016, the number of those arriving decreased substantially after March. Of those reaching European shores so far this year, 53% came from the ten countries currently producing the most refugees globally.