Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- MINUSMA: A Tombouctou, la MINUSMA appuie les femmes dans le processus de réconciliation. 21 Oct 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- AFD: Sexual health in West Africa: AFD and KfW, a power couple. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Mali Situation: 2019 Funding Update (as of 14 October 2019). 21 Oct 2019
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 44 (Reporting period: 1 to 30 September 2019). 17 Oct 2019
Joint IDMC-UNHCR press release - A record 33.3 million now displaced by war worldwide, as one family flees inside Syria every 60 seconds - Report
33.3 million people were internally displaced at the end of 2013 due to conflict and violence says a new report by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC). This equates to a staggering increase of 4.5 million from 2012, signalling a record high for the second year running.
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
The figures above reflect people internally displaced due to conflict based on IDMC monitoring in 2011, but does not include those internally displaced by other causes including natural disasters or development projects. The Kampala Convention comprehensively includes all causes of displacement.