Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNHCR: Rapport mensuel de monitoring de protection n°09 - Septembre 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- AFD: Sexual health in West Africa: AFD and KfW, a power couple. 19 Oct 2019
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 44 (Reporting period: 1 to 30 September 2019). 17 Oct 2019
- MINUSMA: A Tombouctou, la MINUSMA appuie les femmes dans le processus de réconciliation. 21 Oct 2019
Message from our Regional Director
Despite numerous humanitarian challenges in 2017 in Africa, there were also a number of heart-warming accomplishments. A case in point, was when a local response of Red Crescent teams—and other partners—curbed Somalia's cholera outbreak through the power of local volunteers and shared international expertise. In terms of support to our members, 36 National Societies were able to kick start initiatives that built their capacity through seed grants.
While there is room for disagreement about migration policy, the humanitarian imperative means that we must never needlessly sacrifice the survival and dignity of any vulnerable people, including migrants.
In November 2015, more than 1,000 Cuban nationals were reported to be camped out at the Paso Canoas border crossing with Panama. In view of requirements for entering the country and the fact that these migrants did not meet them, a significant amount of people began to congregate in this border community, taking to living in the streets while they waited for a solution to their immigration status. The Costa Rican government issued permits allowing migrants to enter the country and continue on their way to the United States.
This appeal seeks a total of CHF 3,011,000(1) to fund programmes and activities to be implemented in 2006 and 2007.