Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- MINUSMA: A Tombouctou, la MINUSMA appuie les femmes dans le processus de réconciliation. 21 Oct 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- AFD: Sexual health in West Africa: AFD and KfW, a power couple. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Mali Situation: 2019 Funding Update (as of 14 October 2019). 21 Oct 2019
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 44 (Reporting period: 1 to 30 September 2019). 17 Oct 2019
Efforts to transform agriculture in Africa have received a boost as researchers met under the Support for Agricultural Research and Development of Strategic Crops (SARD-SC)’s event, “Partners, Possibilities and Prospects,” on 15 July 2013 at the 6th African Agricultural Science Week in Accra to draw more support from partners into project.
The SARD-SC project will raise the productivity of maize, cassava, wheat, and rice by 20% in twenty selected countries in Africa.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved a US$ 63.24 million fund package for the implementation of a 5-year project dubbed “Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa” (SARD-SC).
The SARD-SC is a research, science, and technology development initiative aimed at enhancing the productivity and income derived from cassava, maize, rice, and wheat – four of the six commodities that African Heads of States, through the Comprehensive African Agricultural Development Program, have defined as strategic crops for Africa.