Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- AFD: Sexual health in West Africa: AFD and KfW, a power couple. 19 Oct 2019
- AFD: Transition démographique et santé sexuelle en Afrique de l’Ouest : AFD et KfW, un couple qui marche. 19 Oct 2019
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 44 (Reporting period: 1 to 30 September 2019). 17 Oct 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- IPS: Displaced by the Desert: An expanding Sahara leaves Broken Families and Violence in its Wake. 18 Oct 2019
In November 2015, more than 1,000 Cuban nationals were reported to be camped out at the Paso Canoas border crossing with Panama. In view of requirements for entering the country and the fact that these migrants did not meet them, a significant amount of people began to congregate in this border community, taking to living in the streets while they waited for a solution to their immigration status. The Costa Rican government issued permits allowing migrants to enter the country and continue on their way to the United States.