Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 44 (Reporting period: 1 to 30 September 2019). 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Mali: Humanitarian Dashboard (as of 14 October 2019). 15 Oct 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Mali: Tableau de bord humanitaire au 14 Octobre 2019. 15 Oct 2019
- Groupe URD: Appui stratégique du Groupe URD au Programme KEY : Évaluation itérative avec mini-séminaire – EIMS 2 - Mopti, Gao, Kidal, Tombouctou, Taoudenit - Final, 28 mai au 30 juillet 2019. 15 Oct 2019
To improve overall understanding of donors and humanitarian and development actors on the role played by diaspora groups in Italy in shaping the migration process of refugees and migrants1 who have recently arrived in Italy via the Central Mediterranean Sea Route (CMR) with the purpose to inform an improved response to mixed migration2 flows along the CMR.
The movement of refugees and migrants across the Sahara and the central Mediterranean Sea towards Europe continues to have a devastating toll on human life. Between January and August 2017, an estimated 2,270 refugees and migrants died at sea in the central Mediterranean. It is estimated that many others died on their way across the desert and in detention centres.