Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Shelter Cluster: Monitoring d’Abris Fourth Trimestre (22 Janvier 2020). 23 Jan 2020
- OCHA: Mali Aperçu des Besoins Humanitaires Cycle de Programme Humanitaire 2020 (publié en Janvier 2020). 24 Jan 2020
- IOM: Mali: Flow Monitoring Report - Dashboard No. 47 (Reporting period: 1 to 31 December 2019). 15 Jan 2020
- Carter Center: Report of the Independent Observer - On the Implementation of the Agreement on Peace and Reconciliation in Mali, Emanating from the Algiers Process: Evaluation of Implementation in 2019. 21 Jan 2020
- ECHO: Mali - Armed violence, impact on civilians (DG ECHO, ACLED, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2020). 21 Jan 2020
Measuring irregular migration: Innovative data practices
Solon Ardittis and Frank Laczko
Measuring unsafe migration: The challenge of collecting accurate data on migrant fatalities
Ann Singleton, Frank Laczko and Julia Black
A new approach: Displacement Tracking Matrix Comprehensive Migration Flows Survey Model
Michelle Münstermann and Vivianne van der Vorst
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.