Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN HRC: UN warns Mali security situation has reached critical threshold. 2 Dec 2019
Most read reports
- UN HRC: Mali security situation has reached critical threshold, warns UN human rights expert after visit. 2 Dec 2019
- MMC: Navigating borderlands in the Sahel Border security governance and mixed migration in Liptako-Gourma, MMC Research Report, November 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- OCHA: OCHA Mali Rapport de situation - Dernière mise à jour: 6 déc. 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- MINUSMA: Journée internationale des personnes vivant avec un handicap 2019 : projecteur sur le silence. 7 Dec 2019
- ECOSOC: Deadlier Conflicts, Climate Change Threaten Cross-Border Herding in West Africa, Delegates Tell Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission. 3 Dec 2019
Measuring irregular migration: Innovative data practices
Solon Ardittis and Frank Laczko
Measuring unsafe migration: The challenge of collecting accurate data on migrant fatalities
Ann Singleton, Frank Laczko and Julia Black
A new approach: Displacement Tracking Matrix Comprehensive Migration Flows Survey Model
Michelle Münstermann and Vivianne van der Vorst
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.