Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN HRC: UN warns Mali security situation has reached critical threshold. 2 Dec 2019
Most read reports
- UN HRC: Mali security situation has reached critical threshold, warns UN human rights expert after visit. 2 Dec 2019
- UNICEF: Humanitarian Action for Children 2020 - Mali. 5 Dec 2019
- MMC: Navigating borderlands in the Sahel Border security governance and mixed migration in Liptako-Gourma, MMC Research Report, November 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- ECOSOC: Deadlier Conflicts, Climate Change Threaten Cross-Border Herding in West Africa, Delegates Tell Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission. 3 Dec 2019
- Govt. Mali: Communiqué conjoint de la sixième réunion de la commission tripartite Mauritanie-Mali-UNHCR chargée du rapatriement volontaire des réfugiés maliens en Mauritanie. 5 Dec 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.