Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- IPI: Mali Attack Demonstrates Growing Strength of the Islamic State in Africa. 13 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Mali Humanitarian Situation Report, 30 September 2019. 12 Nov 2019
- USAID: Mali Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #2, Fiscal Year (FY) 2019. 12 Nov 2019
- WFP: WFP Mali Country Brief, August 2019. 11 Nov 2019
- NRC: On-the-record update: Crisis in central and northern Mali. 10 Jul 2019
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
- During the first quarter of fiscal 2009
(April to June), JICA (President Sadako Ogata) signed a total of 46 grant
Key details of two of the major projects are provided below. A complete list of the first quarter grant agreements is provided in the appendix.
2. The Philippine government has set poverty reduction as an important element in their mid-term development plan. As a key part of their policy on poverty reduction, they are implementing regional agricultural land reforms to improve the lives of small farm owners and tenant farmers.