the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- 6 February 2015: Southern Europe -Severe weather
- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Floods - ECHO Daily Map | 08/08/2016
- Building National Resilience for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Learning from Current Experiences
- Macedonia: Floods (as of 27 Feb 2013)
Riots broke out in the early hours of Thursday morning at Greece’s frontier with Macedonia as migrants and asylum seekers stranded there for the past two weeks blockaded the border, preventing people from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan from crossing.
Sixty-sixth General Assembly
22nd, 23rd & 24th Meetings (AM, PM & Night)
Leaders Can No Longer Use Sovereignty as ‘Wall to Violate Rights of Citizens’,
Some Say; Others Say Mediation Less Costly, Saves Lives, Aligns with UN Charter
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
It is an understatement to say that the presence of small arms and light weapons is a significant problem in the Balkans. Guns contributed significantly to the violence, death, and destruction that surrounded the inter-ethnic conflicts of the 1990s and early 21st century. Since the conclusion of hostilities, the effects of violent conflict persist in the area, as does the circulation of many small arms and light weapons.
OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting
Warsaw, October 2003
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Russian Federation
- Serbia and Montenegro
Fifty-eighth General Assembly
37th Meeting (AM)
The progress made over the last year to revitalize the activities of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), particularly with regard to implementing the outcomes of major international conferences, was highlighted this morning, as the General Assembly considered the report of that body.
RNIS Update - July 1999 HIGHLIGHTS
Angola. The recent insecurity in Angola continues to create massive humanitarian needs. Surveys and assessments have confirmed the critical nutritional situation. Humanitarian assistance is severely hampered due to reduced access caused by insecurity. Many of the cities in the Central Highlands are experiencing near siege-like conditions. An influx of IDPs into the provincial capitals has created public health crises affecting both the resident and displaced populations.