the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
As thousands of people arrive in Europe seeking safety, authorities in Austria and the Western Balkans have started selectively closing their borders. These measures are clearly infringing international and European law that protect the right to seek asylum.
Recommendations Cover Role of KLA, KFOR’s capacity to ensure safety
New York, August 12, 1999 -- The physical protection of minorities is the most pressing human rights protection concern in the current volatile situation in Kosovo, said the Lawyers Committee in a report released today. The report, "Refugee Protection and Peace-building," assesses the present protection situation of refugees, returnees, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and minorities in Kosovo.