the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Minister for Development Cooperation Eveline Herfkens is to donate NLG 5 million (Euro 2,3 million) to support conflict management and help reduce the tension in Macedonia.
The funds will support a variety of activities, including the rebuilding of primary schools, a social integration project for children from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds, small infrastructural activities at municipal level and direct humanitarian aid through the Dutch Red Cross.
Macedonia is one of the countries with which the Netherlands has structural development ties.
The government evaluation of the Kosovo-crisis was sent to the Dutch Parliament on 22 March 2000 by W. Kok, Prime Minister, J.J. van Aartsen, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and F.H.G. de Grave, Minister of Defence.
Evaluation of the Kosovo crisis
"In Bosnia and in Kosovo the international community tried to reach a negotiated solution with an unscrupulous and murderous regime. In both instances it required the use of force to bring a halt to the planned and systematic killing and expulsion of civilians."
Released by Development Cooperation