the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Finland will send blankets, tarpaulins, soap and 200 tents to Greece through the EU Civil Protection Mechanism to improve conditions in refugee camps. Greece has requested material assistance from other EU countries, because the number of migrants crossing the border between Greece and Macedonia has increased dramatically, and conditions in the camps are harsh.
PRESS RELEASE 112/99
The current situation of the Kosovo crisis was discussed by the Foreign and Security Policy Committee of the Finnish Government on Tuesday, 4 May. The Committee, convening in Mäntyniemi, was chaired by the President of the Republic.
The Government confirmed its earlier statement that the key to end the circle of violence lies in the hands of the Belgrad leaders and their acceptance of the fundamentals laid down by the international community. The return of the refugees is not feasible without a credible international military presence in Kosovo.