the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Improving the mediation of armed conflict
A global series of mediation retreats
The Oslo Forum is widely acknowledged as the leading international network of conflict mediation practitioners. Co-hosted by the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Oslo Forum regularly convenes conflict mediators, high-level decision-makers and key peace process actors in a series of informal and discreet retreats.
’More than 125 000 refugees and asylum seekers have arrived in Serbia over the last year, and the numbers are expected to increase in the time ahead. Norway will now provide NOK 60 million in humanitarian assistance and support for strengthening the refugee reception system,’ said Minister of Foreign Affairs Børge Brende.
Since 1991 Norway's total project assistance to the Western Balkans has reached more than NOK 10 bn. (approximately € 1,2 bn.). For 2009 the allocation is NOK 575 million. The assistance primarily targets key reform and development processes in the region, and increasingly focuses on democracy-building measures, long-term capacity- and institution-building and private sector development, supporting regional stability and Euro-Atlantic integration.
Applications and all questions related to the grant scheme must be directed to Section for Western Balkan Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
The overall objective of Norwegian assistance to the Western Balkans is to promote peace, reconciliation, Rule of Law and democracy in the region. The main purpose of Norway's project assistance to the countries in the Western Balkans is to continue supporting processes related to regional stabilisation and Euro-Atlantic integration.