the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
The German cabinet approved an extension of German armed forces involvement in KFOR (Kosovo Force) for another year. This decision is subject to parliamentary approval.
Federal Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer issued the following statement on Friday (16 November):
"The ratification of the constitutional amendments provided for in the Ohrid peace agreement represents an important step forward. It is an excellent example of a preventive conflict settlement policy.
The Federal Foreign Office has increased the flexible funds for stabilizing and confidence-building emergency measures in Macedonia (DM 5 million) pledged at the beginning of September by a further two million.
As part of this financial commitment, funds to the sum of approximately DM 1.8 million have for the first time been made available for specific emergency aid measures. The funding is intended for projects providing assistance for refugees returning to their home towns. Damaged homes will be reconstructed.
On 13 August Federal Foreign Minister Fischer issued the following statement on the signing of the political framework agreement in Macedonia:
"The signing today (13 August) of the political framework agreement by the Macedonian President and the four party leaders in Skopje is a particularly important step towards a lasting peaceful solution for Macedonia.
On 22 June 2001 the Federal Foreign Office made available funds of some DM 407,000 as humanitarian assistance for internally displaced persons and evacuees in Macedonia, a measure coordinated with the International Committee of the Red Cross.