the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Recent relief activity
In response to the changing situation in the republics of the former Yugoslavia, the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) has continued to provide relief to ethnic Albanian, Roma and Serb refugees while laying the groundwork for long-term reconciliation and reconstruction in the region.
Since April 1st, AFSC has shipped over $1,400,000 worth of material aid to Macedonia to assist refugees fleeing the violence in Kosovo. In addition, AFSC has spent approximately $100,000 on food, hygiene products, and other needed items in Macedonia. A brief summary of AFSC's shipments follows.
Most of the past 10 days has been spent compiling return packets (see below), doing other aid distribution and spending time at the camp as it quickly empties out. Stephanie Broughton has been volunteering for the past few weeks and has been of enormous help!
By Gail Long
By Gail, Long AFSC's Field Relief Coordinator
During the past 6 months:
from Gail Long
In response to the devastating tragedy in Kosovo, the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is taking action in several areas. We have called on the U.S. Administration to halt the bombing and concentrate on non-military means of solving the crisis.
The American Friends Service Committee
NATO TO STOP THE BOMBING IN YUGOSLAVIA!
THE SERBIAN GOVERNMENT TO STOP THE ETHNIC CLEANSING OF ALBANIANS IN KOSOVO!