the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
This briefing paper is the result of a joint effort by 12 national and international organizations operating in Greece. The aim is to explain the current situation for those stranded in Greece for over six months since the closure of the northern border and introduction of the European Union (EU) – Turkey deal.
Dear European Leaders:
As organisations working directly with refugees and migrants in Europe, we ask European Union Member States present at the European Council meeting of 17th and 18th March 2016 to take the opportunity to come together in solidarity and conclude bold, unified and decisive policies to address the humanitarian crisis.
Better economy and a strengthened position both nationally and internationally has paved the way for the Danish Refugee Council to be able to assist nearly one million people in need in more than 30 countries worldwide. This is the result of the financial report 2010 approved at the annual meeting of the Council.
The Danish Refugee Council Western Balkans (DRC WB) has together with UNDP offices in Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro embarked on a new regional initiative to improve capacities and advocacy skills of IDP associations.
On 15 March 2007 DRC WB signed a first contract with UNDP Kosovo for the implementation of the Regional Initiative for Capacity Building to Kosovo Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Associations in Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia and Kosovo.
Editor in Chief: Hugh Fenton
Editor: Bojana Vancetovic