the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
By Neal Porter, ARC Regional Manager for Europe
Minneapolis, April 2, 2001 - The American Refugee Committee (ARC), responding to the latest outbreak of ethnic conflict in the Balkans, is providing emergency shelter to refugees who have fled into Kosovo to escape fighting in Macedonia.
The American Refugee Committee has received a $562,000 grant from the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to provide services to Romas (Gypsies) who fled to Macedonia in the aftermath of last year's conflict in Kosovo.
Minneapolis, March 28, 1999: - As the numbers of refugees pouring into Macedonia increase by the hour, the Minneapolis-based American Refugee Committee (ARC), in coordination with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), has put into action a contingency plan drawn up more than one year ago in the case of such an emergency.