the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Jan 2017
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods - Aug 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Flash Floods and Mudslides - Aug 2015
- South-Eastern Europe: Floods - Feb 2015
- FYR Macedonia: Cold Wave - Dec 2014
- FYR Macedonia: Floods - Feb 2013
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
- Central/Eastern Europe: Heat Wave - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Working Across Borders to Improve Early Warnings in South Eastern Europe
- Factsheet on the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Last updated 07/02/2018
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Location Map (2013)
- the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - Floods - ECHO Daily Map | 08/08/2016
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Extreme Winter Condition Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRMK003
Fighting intensified over the last several days as Macedonian forces attempted to dislodge rebel forces from the Tetovo area of Macedonia. The country is waiting to see if there will be any peace talks between the Albanian rebels and the Macedonian government.
Skopje, Macedonia, March 27, 2001- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is providing aid to an increasing number of refugees in Kosovo displaced by escalating fighting in northern Macedonia. With Macedonian security forces attempting to dislodge ethnic-Albanian rebels from the Tetovo area, nearly 5,000 Macedonians have crossed over the Sar Mountains on foot, arriving in the Prizren area of Kosovo.
Just two years after the world watched the region around Serbia's Kosovo province deteriorate, tensions rise again. This time the neighboring country of Macedonia suffers from conflict and refugees are fleeing to Kosovo to avoid the fighting. For weeks the Macedonian government has been trying to pacify aggressive ethnic Albanian militants operating in the areas surrounding Tetovo, Macedonia, a predominantly Albanian town close to the border with Kosovo. The militants have also been causing problems in some of the small villages north of the Macedonian capital of Skopje.